Boost is Lancashire’s Business Growth Hub. Its purpose is to help Lancashire’s businesses grow. Boost is a £7.8m Growth Hub backed by the ERDF, led by the Lancashire LEP (Local Enterprise Partnership) and Lancashire County Council.
Through Boost, Lancashire businesses from start-ups to large companies can get access to a number of funded programmes in areas such as mentoring, product development, leadership development, and accessing finance.
The support available
The business support programmes being delivered under the Boost service include:
- Growth Support Programme – specialist masterclasses and ongoing coaching support for startup businesses and businesses trading for less than three years.
- Growth Mentoring – support from an experienced business person who will help you tackle the challenges that you are facing in growing your business.
- Propel 2 Grow – working with business owners and managers to identify their growth barriers (in areas like people management, sales and marketing, operations, productivity and creativity) and delivering specialist support to overcome these.
- UCLan Innovation Clinic – supporting Lancashire businesses to innovate and grow through the development of new to firm and new to market products.
- Access to Finance – helping ambitious Lancashire businesses to identify and raise suitable growth finance from a range of sources.
- Growth Vouchers – financial support of up to £2,500 to help Lancashire businesses access specialist private sector support to accelerate their growth.
Boost can also help businesses navigate the plethora of national business support programmes to find the support they need.
Since being founded in 2013, Boost has already helped over 2,400 business grow, creating over 1,200 jobs.
In November 2015, Boost secured £7.8m of new funding to run for a further three years from January 2016. The service is aiming to advise and assist a further 4,118 businesses in the county, creating 2,891 jobs and helping to establish 699 new businesses – increasing the value of the Lancashire economy by £50m.
Find out more
Eligibility criteria apply, visit www.boostbusinesslancashire.co.uk for more information.
Boost Business Lancashire has received £3.8m of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Department for Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for ERDF. Established by the European Union ERDF funds help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.